Lest you think I was stretched out on the sofa in front of the telly 24/7, stuffing myself with junk food, here's the Short List of what happened during that time:
- Shortly after uploading the photo tour of Davenport OK, my car broke down on the interstate and had to have major surgery (a new transmission).
- While the car was out of commission, I packed up my treasured flat "in the trees" in KS to move to Oklahoma where I...
- ...became the live-in Granny Nanny (also cook, laundress and dishwasher) for Son and Family.
- After getting the last of my things from storage in KS, we returned to a nearly-empty house (robbed!).
- My non-driving Dau-in-Law landed a night-shift job in a town 28 miles away, so I then became Taxi Mom (28 miles X4 every night and pre-dawn for several weeks - exhausting!).
- D-i-L was promoted, which required living much closer to her job, so we found a (seemingly) "perfect" rental house in that town and we all moved.
- During the packing up, my laptop was dropped in shutting-down mode, requiring an expensive 2-day trip to the Computer Hospital for a new hard drive.
- That house turned out to be a drafty, utilities nightmare so...
- ...we moved again 2 weeks later.
- At the new house, thanks to an inept AT&T rep, we were (mostly) without internet access for 10 days. (NetZero dial-up "high speed" internet is a JOKE...a total waste of time to TRY to get anywhere online.)
Davenport OK on Route 66
Robbed! Pros and Cons
Have a great day!